Sunday, September 30, 2012

50th Birthday & Feeling Great!!!

Yesterday was my 50th B-Day and I must say it was one of the BEST days of my life! My wife had a surprise B-Day party for me and I got to see family and friends I haven't seen in years. One of my goals this year was to develop six pack abs with clean eating and consistent core training along with my other training which includes grip work & forearm development. I'm a BIG fan of Chad Waterbury and I followed many of his training concepts and nutrition guidelines to help develop my abs and overall core. Thanks Chad!!! I've posted some pics to show my progress with both my abs and my forearms. My abs still lack development in the lower, right and left quadrants. My size goal for my forearms is 14" and I currently lack a 1/4" of reaching my goal. I feel better and stronger now than I did at any other time in my life. As I've aged my body doesn't respond or adapt as efficient as when I was younger but with sensible, realistic training where less sometimes allows more I've actually progressed faster than expected. One thing I've learned is that age should never be a factor in your decision to start a fitness lifestyle where one can feel and look as good as they desire if they want it bad enough.
I'm proud of my accomplishments over the past 33 years of my involvement in the Iron Game. I've tried and participated in many different sports but it seems that weight lifting, grip work, and arm wrestling are just part of my life till the day I die. I may be 50 years old but I guarantee you I'm just getting warmed-up in my life!!! Thanks for following my progress!!! I would like to end this post with a saying I once read and I've adhered to it ever since. "Learn to move correctly and then move often"